Scroll for more images and video!
Overview of Akai APC40 Mk2 Ableton Controller
The new APC40 mkII incorporates five years of user feedback into its design. Almost every aspect of the original APC40 has been deliberated, reworked, and improved to provide extended controller functionality, countless musical capabilities, and a smarter workflow. In addition to its sleek look, veteran APC40 users will immediately notice the enhancements that include an RGB clip-launching grid, reinforced fader design, revised knob lay out, and much more.
• Provides hands-on control of Ableton Live
• Seamlessly integrates 1 to 1 with Ableton Live (v9.1.3+)
• 5x8 clip-launch matrix with RGB feedback for clip status and color coding
• 9 channel faders, 8 control knobs, and 8 device controls interface with Ableton Live
• USB-powered and plug-and-play connectivity for Mac and PC
• Sends button for quick access to 8 send buses
• Assignable A/B crossfader for dynamic mixing on the fly
• Shift button and directional arrows manipulate the scope of the grid
• Revised knob layout with in-line controls for streamlined workflow
• Available USB Port
• Production package included: Ableton Live Lite with Puremagnetik Effect Racks, Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech, SONiVOX Twist, Prime Loops sample packs, and Toolroom Records artist launch packs (downloads)
- Macintosh: Intel Mac with Mac OS X 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, or 10.9
- PC: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8; multicore processor; 2 GB RAM; Windows compatible sound card (ASIO driver support recommended), QuickTime recommended
- Available USB Port
- Ableton Live 9.1.3 or later
Music City Canada is an authorized reseller for Akai products. Purchases are backed with full manufacturer warranty in Canada. All orders ship from our Canadian warehouse.