Overview of PreSonus CDL18s Dante-Enabled Active Subwoofer
A terrific complement for any full-range loudspeaker and the perfect companion for the PreSonus® CDL12 Constant Directivity loudspeaker, the CDL18s delivers a tight, coherent low-end, driven by an integrated 1000-watt Class D power amp, and features a unique ported design that maximizes efficiency in a compact form-factor. The Dante®-enabled CDL18s provides the articulate sub-bass frequency reproduction demanded by audio professionals thanks to its custom 18-inch low-frequency transducer with 4-inch voice coil, providing 7 mm of driver travel before over-excursion to move more air for a low-end punch you can feel. When flown together in a vertical array, or combined for ground-stacked applications, the CDL18s and CDL12 form a complete, coherent loudspeaker system with an even response across the frequency spectrum.
The unique port configuration in the CDL18s enclosure maximizes efficiency to create a big bass sound from a compact cabinet. Each of the four triangle-shaped ports are placed in the corners so that they couple to the cabinet. This takes advantage of the side walls to build out the port, effectively elongating each port and allowing the CDL18s to move more air in a compact enclosure. This configuration also avoids port chuffing while minimizing baffle reflections to deliver better phase coherence. Its custom 18-inch low-frequency transducer with 4-inch voice coil can travel 7 mm before over-excursion, and easily handles 800W. Every design decision was made so that the CDL18s packs serious punch into a small footprint.
Its powerful bass performance and compact design make the CDL18s a desirable choice for both installed and mobile sound applications. Each CDL18s is equipped with an integrated pole mount and supports ground-stacked systems with up to two CDL12 loudspeakers mounted up top. Need more bass from your mobile application? Rig two CDL18s subwoofers together and mount a single CDL12 loudspeaker using a 19-inch sub pole. Integrated pin-loaded rigging makes it easy to fly up to five CDL18s subwoofers, or suspend two CDL18s subwoofers with five CDL12 loudspeakers below to create a complete CDL constant curvature array system for suspended applications where professional concert level sound quality is essential.
- Configuration: Active Subwoofer
- Frequency Response (-3 dB): 42 Hz – 150 Hz (Variable)
- Frequency Response (-10 dB): 36 Hz – 144 Hz
- Maximum Peak SPL: 135 dB
- Crossover Frequency: 90 Hz
- LF Transducer: 1x18" Ferrite magnet
- Voice Coil Diameter: 4"
- Type: Class D
- Total Power Output: 2000W Peak, 1000W Program (500W RMS)
- LF Power: 2000W Peak, 1000W Program (500W RMS)
- Cooling: Free air convection
- Rated THD: <0.05% (20 Hz - 20 kHz)
- Dynamic Range: 119 dB (A-weighted)
- Bandwidth: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Input Channels: 1 Line
- Input Connector Types: (XLR)
- Line Input Impedance: 40 kΩ
- Maximum Input: +4 dBu
- Output Connector: 1 XLR, Direct out
- Controls: Preset Select, Polarity Invert
- Indicators: Over Temperature, Signal, -3 dB, Limiter, Clip, Network Status
- Effects: Compression, Polarity Invert, Limiting, Delay, 8-band EQ and preset selection via WorxControl
- Bit Depth: 24-bit
- Sample Rate: 48 kHz
- Material: 15 mm Eucalyptus plywood
- Finish: Chemline™ Polyurea
- Grille: Powder-coated steel
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 23.2” x 20.8” x 24” (590 mm x 529 mm x 610 mm)
- Unit Weight: 105 lbs. (47.6 kg)
- Handles: 2 (One on each side)
- Amplifier Protection: Over-current, DC, over/under-voltage, over-temperature, high frequency
- Transducer Protection: Limiter
- AC Power Input: 90-260V~, 50-60 Hz
- AC Power Consumption (1/8 Power): 4.2 Amps
- Rigging Points: M20 Threaded pole receiver, Integrated rigging (10:1 load)
Music City Canada is an authorized reseller for PreSonus products. Purchases are backed with full manufacturer warranty in Canada. All orders ship from our Canadian warehouse.