Overview of Roli Lightpad Block M
Building upon the success of the original Lightpad Block, the Roli Lightpad Block M has a redesigned surface that offers an even more tactile, responsive, and precise playing experience. Several advancements have been implemented including a deeper, softer surface that is topped with 225 undulating microkeywaves. These microkeywaves provide more tactile feedback, allowing you to interact with the surface in a deeper way and gauge each movement more precisely. Additionally, a thicker, softer silicone layer enhances the pressure-responsiveness, while the high-definition LEDs offer a 50% brighter surface illumination, allowing for a higher contrast display, and helping you move more quickly between notes, instruments, and scales. The Lightpad Block M is part of the Roli Block system and features a tactile surface that enables the user to shape sounds through five dimensions of touch including strike, glide, slide, press, and lift. It builds sequencing, looping, finger drumming, and expressive control into one intuitive device. The Lightpad Block M is made up of 225 LEDs arranged in a 15x15 matrix and features a semi-soft, smooth, texture with undulating microkeywaves, allowing for multidimensional performances. The fixed configuration of the pads is defined by Noise, the free iOS app, and can be configured in three modes including 2x2, 4x4, and 5x5. Additional apps include Equator Player, Ableton Live Lite, Strobe2 Player, Tracktion Waveform, Blocks Dashboard, and MaxMSP (3-month license). The Block system is also compatible with desktop applications including Roli's Equator, as well as Ableton Live, FXpansion Strobe2, Native Instruments Kontakt & Massive, Bitwig Studio, Apple Logic Pro & Garageband, SampleModeling SWAM, Cycling '74 MaxMSP, and Spectrasonics Omnisphere. Connections to your iOS device or desktop computer can be made wirelessly via Bluetooth, or from a wired USB connection. The Lightpad Block M is designed to integrate with the optional Live, Loop, and Touch Blocks, which provide tactile control over the most frequently used functions for quick and easy performance. The Live Block allows for switching scales and octaves, playing chords and arpeggios, and sustaining notes, while the Loop Block offers control for capturing loops, layering sounds, tempo, quantization, and more. The Touch Block provides expression control, allowing you to turn up or down the responsiveness of the Lightpad Block M's strike, glide, slide, press, and lift dimensions of touch.
- MIDI pad controller
- Touch responsive soft silicon surface
- Wireless and portable
- LED illumination reconfigures the surface for different notes and scales
- Get started with free iOS apps: the beginner-friendly ROLI PLAY or the powerful NOISE app.
- Desktop software included: ROLI Studio and Tracktion Waveform 8
- Hundreds of sounds in NOISE
- Connects to Seaboard Block and other ROLI BLOCKS
- Width: 94mm (3.7 inches)
- Height: 21.8mm (0.86 inches)
- Depth: 94mm (3.7 inches)
- Weight: 260g (0.57 pounds)
- 4 hour battery life
- 2 hour charge time
- USB-C port (MIDI out and power)
- Full MIDI compatibility over USB and Bluetooth LE
- 8 DNA connectors
- USB / DNA Input Voltage: 5.0V ± 0.2V DC
- 15 meter Bluetooth range
- Mac OSX and iOS only
- Desktop Requirements: Mac OSX 10.13+, Windows 7, 8 and 10, Intel Dual Core i5 2.5GHz+, 4 GB RAM (8 GB RAM recommended), 2 GB hard drive space, Internet connection to register/download software
- Mobile & Tablet Requirements: iPhone 6 or newer, iPad Air 2 or newer, iPad Mini 4 or newer, iPad Pro (9.7, 10.5 and 12.9 inches), iOS 9.0 or above, Google Pixel or Pixel 2 (Limited support)
- What's Included: Lightpad Block, ROLI Studio, 8 NOISE Soundpacks, Ableton Live Lite, Tracktion Waveform, ROLI Dashboard, Melodics Subscription (Three Months), Max MSP License (Three Months), USB-C to USB-A Cable, Quick Start Guide, One Year Full Warranty.
Music City Canada is an authorized reseller for Roli products. Purchases are backed with full manufacturer warranty in Canada. All orders ship from our Canadian warehouse.