Scroll for more images and video!
Overview of Shure KSM137 Cardioid Instrument Microphone for Studio Recording Single
The KSM137/SL ST PAIR from Shure is a stereo pair of cardioid condenser studio microphones designed for instrument recording and sound reinforcement. The KSM137/SL offers a wide 20 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response making it a flexible microphone for a variety of applications. The KSM137/SL features a cardioid element and permanently biased transducer design resulting in clean, accurate signal reproduction and frequency response. The transformer-less, class-A output circuitry provides a noise free output signal path while maintaining high gain levels. The tight cardioid pattern is effective in attenuating off-axis signal due to room ambiance, instruments, monitor noise etc. There is a 3-position low frequency roll-off switch, eliminating low frequency rumble noise and counteracting proximity effect. The KSM137/SL handles high sound pressure levels and features a 3-position pad switch providing attenuation at 0 dB, 15 dB and 25 dB. This allows confident miking of instruments high in transient response such as drums, percussion, and brass. the microphone is suitable for piano, strings, guitar, and woodwind as well.
- Highly consistent cardioid polar pattern
- Ultra-thin, 2.5 micron, 24 karat gold-layered, low mass Mylar® diaphragm for superior transient response
- Class A, discrete, transformerless preamplifier for transparency, extremely fast transient response, no crossover distortion, and minimal harmonic and intermodulation distortion
- Premium electronic components, including gold-plated internal and external connectors
- Subsonic filter eliminates low frequency rumble (less than 17 Hz) caused by mechanical vibration
- Switchable 15 dB pad for handling extremely high sound pressure levels (SPLs)
- 3-position switchable pad (0 dB, 15 dB, and 25 dB) for handling extremely high sound pressure levels (SPLs)
- 3-position switchable low-frequency filter reduces background noise and counteracts proximity effect
- Extended frequency response
- Exceptional reproduction of low-frequency sounds
- Can withstand high sound pressure levels (SPL)
- Superior common mode rejection and suppression of radio frequency interference
Music City Canada is an authorized reseller for Shure products. Purchases are backed with full manufacturer warranty in Canada. All orders ship from our Canadian warehouse.