Scroll for more images and video!
Overview of Rode Microphones VideoMic GO II Lightweight Directional Camera-Mounted Microphone
The VideoMic GO II is designed to make capturing incredible audio incredibly easy. Ultra-lightweight and compact, with powerful features that are simple to use, it is perfect for all forms of content creation with a camera, smartphone or tablet, or computer. It’s time to take your content to the next level.
You don’t need to be an audio expert to get incredible sound. The VideoMic GO II does all the hard work for you. Featuring the same annular line tube technology as our VideoMic NTG and NTG5 microphones, it delivers rich, full-bodied audio that is perfect for a wide range of recording applications. It is a highly directional microphone, meaning it focuses on what you have it pointed at while reducing background noise, giving you crystal-clear, professional sound with ease.
The VideoMic GO II also comes with a high-quality windshield for capturing clean recordings outdoors and reducing plosives, plus a professional shockmount for superior absorption of handling noise.
Weighing in at just 89 grams, the VideoMic GO II is compact and lightweight enough to take with you wherever you go. Perfect for use with compact cameras, mobile recording rigs, or on a desktop as a USB microphone for capturing high-quality audio anywhere.
The VideoMic GO II has no complicated controls or switches and requires no batteries to operate, so you can get recording in seconds. It connects seamlessly to cameras, computers, smartphones and tablets, giving you instant professional audio with minimal fuss – just pick it up, plug it in and go.
Plugging the VideoMic GO II into your computer turns it into a fully functional USB microphone – perfect for anything from podcasting to video calls and voice overs to streaming. This groundbreaking patent-pending technology makes the VideoMic GO II unlike any other microphone in its class. When used in USB mode, the 3.5mm output doubles as a headphone output for easy audio monitoring and playback of your recordings.
- Broadcast-quality compact shotgun microphone
- Ultra-lightweight (just 89 grams)
- No battery required and no complicated switching – incredibly easy to use
- 3.5mm TRS output for use with cameras
- USB output for use with mobile devices (iOS and Android) and computers (macOS and Windows)
- Compatible with RØDE apps for accessing advanced features, powerful audio processing and studio-quality recording on any device
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure gradient electret condenser
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 2K2Ω
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 79 dBA
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-Weighted): 15 dBA
- Dynamic Range: 95 dBA Typical
- Sensitivity: -31dBV(28.78mV @ 94dB SPL) / ± 1dB @ 1kHz
- Max Input SPL: 110 dB SPL
- Output Connection: 3.5mm TRS / USB-C
- Computer Connectivity: USB-C (USB 2.0)
- Simultaneous I/O: Stereo input and output when in USB mode
- Power Requirements: 3.5mm plug-in power 2 - 5V / USB 5V
- Bit Depth: 24-bit
- Sample Rates: 48 kHz
- Minimum OS Requirements: macOS 10.15 / Windows 10 (20H2) / iOS 14 / Android 9.0
- 1 x SC14 3.5mm TRS to TRS cable
- 1 x Foam Windshield
- 1 x SM8-R Shockmount
Music City Canada is an authorized reseller for Rode Microphones products. Purchases are backed with full manufacturer warranty in Canada. All orders ship from our Canadian warehouse.