Scroll for more images and video!
Overview of EVH Wolfgang Special Ebony Fingerboard Electric Guitar - Miami Blue
Road-tested in arenas around the world, the Wolfgang® Special is a purebred music-making machine, designed with stunning style, giant sound and high-speed playability.
The Wolfgang Special features a basswood body with an arched top and a robust graphite-reinforced bolt-on quartersawn maple neck. The neck is carved and rolled to Eddie Van Halen’s exacting specifications and features a hand-rubbed satin urethane finish on the back. Primed for high performance, energetic riffing and blazing leads, the 12”-16” compound radius ebony fingerboard has 22 jumbo frets and pearloid dot inlays. Truss rod adjustments have also never been easier thanks to a spoke wheel conveniently located at the base of the neck.
A pair of flagship custom-designed EVH® Wolfgang Alnico 2 humbucking pickups are mounted directly to the body, providing dynamic yet articulate voicing, as well as endless sustain for powerful chords and melody lines. A sturdy and dependable EVH-branded Floyd Rose® locking trem and Floyd Rose locking nut work in tandem for precise tuning even with extreme changes in pitch, while the EVH D-Tuna® retunes to drop-D and back with strict accuracy at the flick of a finger. The volume knob with treble bleed circuit has a 500K EVH Bourns® low friction pot for smooth swells and a tone control knob with a 250K Bourns high friction tone pot that prevents accidental tone shifting.
Spotlight-ready, the Wolfgang Special is available in Burgundy Mist Metallic (new), Deep Purple Metallic (new), Ice Blue Metallic (new), Ivory, Satin Primer Gray and Stealth Black finishes with a matching headstock. The Burgundy Mist Metallic and Satin Primer Gray models feature black body binding and black hardware, while the Deep Purple Metallic, Ice Blue Metallic and Ivory models feature cream body binding and chrome hardware. The Stealth Black model features cream body binding and black hardware.
COLOR Miami Blue
SERIES Wolfgang® Special
STREET PRICE $999.99
FIND A DEALER
BOLT-ON QUARTERSAWN MAPLE NECK WITH EDDIE VAN HALEN'S UNIQUE WOLFGANG BACKSHAPE
Bolt-on is a type of neck construction that joins the maple neck to the body of the guitar with screws or bolts, resulting in bright tone with more control. The quartersawn grain runs the length of the neck for a stronger piece of wood, and is less susceptible to shrinking, warping or splitting, while graphite-reinforcement rods flank the truss rod for even more increased neck stability. For those who prefer a fatter neck, the Wolfgang backshape is a thicker profile in comparison to the standard or modified C- shape with a .805” thickness at the 3rd fret and .890” at the 12th fret.
DIRECT MOUNT EVH WOLFGANG HUMBUCKING PICKUPS
Not all humbuckers are created equal. Direct mount EVH Wolfgang humbuckers with Alnico 2 magnets are hotter and harness Eddie’s scorching signature lead tone that captivated the world of rock ‘n’ roll in the ‘70s and ‘80s. These pickups deliver rich harmonics, cutting highs and snarling mids in spades.
VERSATILE SWITCHING & CONTROLS
All Wolfgang Special models come complete with a versatile control layout. Explore the tonal landscape with the three-way toggle switch, which in position one engages the bridge pickup for robust rhythm riffing. Position two engages both pickups, while position three’s neck pickup is ideal for all your blistering solo needs. The volume knobs houses a 500K EVH Bourns® low friction pot with treble bleed circuit for seamless swells, while the tone control with 250K EVH Bourns high friction pot keeps the knobs acutely dialed in.
ATTRACTIVE BINDING & COLOR MATCHED WOLFGANG HEADSTOCK
Our Wolfgang Special kicks style up a notch with attractive body binding and a Wolfgang headstock color matched to the killer body paint job.
HEEL-MOUNT TRUSS ROD ADJUSTMENT SPOKE WHEEL
Humidity and temperature fluctuations wreak havoc on a guitar’s neck. With the truss rod adjustment wheel placed at the heel of the neck, you (or your guitar tech) can quickly insert a 1.5 mm Allen wrench between the strings for seamless neck relief tweaks on the fly.
• Model Number 5107701591
• Est. U.S. Street $999.99
• Series Wolfgang® Special
• Color Miami Blue
• Number of Strings 6
• Orientation Right-Hand
• Body Finish Gloss Urethane
• Body Shape Wolfgang®
• Body Material Basswood
• Body Binding 1-Ply Black
• Bridge Pickup Direct Mount EVH® Wolfgang® Humbucking
• Neck Pickup Direct Mount EVH® Wolfgang® Humbucking
• Pickup Color Black
• Controls Volume (500K EVH® Bourns® Low Friction Pot) with Treble Bleed Circuit, Tone (250K EVH® Bourns® High Friction Pot)
• Pickup Switching 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
• Pickup Configuration HH
• Neck Material Quartersawn Maple
• Neck Construction Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement
• Neck Thickness .805" at 3rd & .890" at 12th Fret
• Neck Finish Hand-Rubbed Satin Urethane
• Neck Shape Wolfgang® Backshape
• Scale Length 25.5" (648 mm)
• Fingerboard Radius 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
• Fingerboard Material Ebony
• Number of Frets 22
• Fret Size Jumbo
• Nut Material Floyd Rose® R2 Locking
• Nut Width 1.625" (41.3 mm)
• Position Inlays Pearloid Dot
• Side Dots Pearloid
• Truss Rod Nut Heel-Mount Truss Rod Adjustment Wheel
• Truss Rod Wrench 2.5 mm Hex
• String Trees Floyd Rose® Retainer Bar
• Headstock EVH® Wolfgang®
• Bridge EVH®-Branded Floyd Rose® Locking Tremolo with EVH® D-Tuna®
• Hardware Finish Black
• Tremolo Arm Floyd Rose® 1000 Series
• Tremolo Block Brass
• Tuning Machines EVH®-Branded Gotoh®
• Control Knobs Black Knurled with White Indicator
• Switch Tip Black
• Strings EVH® Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
• Strap Buttons Oversized
• Case/Gig Bag Optional EVH® Wolfgang® Hardshell (p/n 009-0916-000); Optional EVH® Black Gig Bag (p/n 022-1512-006)
• Included Accessories Tremolo Arm, Hex Keys & User Manual
Music City Canada is an authorized reseller for EVH products. Purchases are backed with full manufacturer warranty in Canada. All orders ship from our Canadian warehouse.