Overview of Focal Shape 40 - Studio Monitor (Each)
Shape 40 is the most compact studio monitor in the Focal Professional line, and the perfect solution for nearfield monitoring. These monitors can be used from 23" away (60cm), and they have astonishingly extended low end frequency response. Whether you have a room of less than 107 ft2 (10 square meters), or an installation where compactness is paramount, Shape 40 is the perfect solution.
The three monitors are all made in France and integrate five innovations to maximize acoustic transparency. Designed to meet the needs of nearfield monitoring, Shape monitors combine an ingenuous design and numerous settings optimised for the acoustics of small listening rooms.
These new work tools distinguish themselves through the wide and extremely precise stereo image. The bass register is articulated and controlled. The lower mid-range and mid-range benefit from extreme neutrality, and without any masking effects, making equalisation of these essential registers much easier. Finally, the new tweeter is what's at the source of the very high definition. It efficiently reveals any hissing, and it's also very precise in the very high end.
• Tweeter with very low directivity for a flexible listening position
• Designed without a port, but with a double passive radiator, allowing it to be placed near a wall.
• Numerous settings for optimal integration
• Accurate control, even in the very high end
• Flax sandwich cone: controlled and articulated bass, natural and detailed lower mid-range and upper mid-range registers.
• Mounting mechanisms present on the back and underneath the loudspeaker: for installing on a table stand, a microphone stand, the ceiling or a wall (Mounting accessories not supplied).
Frequency response (+/-3dB) : 60Hz - 35kHz
Maximum SPL (musical signal) : 102dB SPL (peak @ 1m)
• Type - XLR : balanced 10kOhms
• Connectors - RCA : unbalanced 10kOhms with sensitivity compensation
Midrange and low frequency amplifier : 25W, class AB
High frequency amplifier : 25W, class AB
• Standby on : After approximately 30 minutes with no signal
• Standby off : Signal detection > 3 mV
• Voltages : 220-240V (T500mAL / 250V fuse) or 100-120V (T1.6AL / 250V fuse)
• Connection : IEC plug and detachable power cord
• High pass filter - Adjustable Full range / 80Hz
• Bass (0 - 250Hz) - Adjustable, +/-6dB
• Midrange/bass (160Hz, Q=1) - Adjustable, +/-3dB
• High (4.5 - 35kHz) - Adjustable, +/-3dB
• Power On/Power Off - On/off switch on rear panel
Standby consumption : < 0.5W
Displays and controls : LED for power on/off and standby
Woofer 4" : (10cm) Flax Cone
Tweeter : 1" (25mm) 'M' profile Aluminum-Magnesium
Construction : 0.5" (12mm) MDF
Finish : Vinyl, real walnut and black painting
Dimensions with four rubber feet (HxWxD): 10.1 x 6.3 x 7.9" (257 x 161 x 200mm)
Weight: 16.1lb (7.3kg)
Music City Canada is an authorized reseller for Focal products. Purchases are backed with full manufacturer warranty in Canada. All orders ship from our Canadian warehouse.