Scroll for more images and video!
Overview of Akai MPC X Standalone Music Production Device - Black
The X is a standalone MPC featuring a full colour 10.1" multi-touch screen, 16 responsive, velocity- and pressure-sensitive RGB pads and 16 gigs of internal storage. To make it a truly untethered, computer-free experience, the X also features two USB slots that can be used for MIDI controller connectivity.
Powering the X is AKAI's MPC 2.0 Software, which runs natively in standalone mode. For more expressive performances, there are 16 touch-sensitive 360-degree assignable pots - perfect for precisely automating individual QLink parameters. Above each of those QLink pots is a high-resolution OLED display, detailing info for the individual parameter.
For those times when you need your favourite plug-ins, the MPC X effortlessly goes from formidable standalone to high-powered MIDI controller, explicitly designed to run the feature-rich MPC Software 2.0 in your favorite DAW. A number of new features added to 2.0 include: Audio track recording, improved time warp, enhanced Q-Link control, audio and MIDI drag and dropall appearing on a new graphical interface.
Above and Beyond
The MPC X has a number of additional features that make it the most powerful standalone music production tool to date. Onboard CV/Gate outputs enable the analog control of modular gear such as classic synths and drum machines. For vinyl junkies, MPC X includes two RCA phono inputs with RIAA preamp to ensure the right levels are coming into the X from your turntable. The joy of sampling vinyl is at the core of what made the classic MPC workflow legendary, and the MPC X stays true its roots while simultaneously improving the sound and stability of the sampling process.
Embodying the best of past, present and future beat-oriented production machines, the MPC X will be the centerpiece of studios worldwide - and yours - for years to come.
• Standalone MPC - no computer required
• 10.1" full-colour multi-touch display
• Also acts as a control surface for MPC 2.0 software
• 16 Touch-capacitive Q-Link controls with OLED displays
• Turntable (RCA) inputs with ground peg
• 16GB of on-board storage (over 10GB of sound content included)
• User-expandable 2.5" SATA drive connector (SSD or HDD)
• 2 MIDI inputs, 4 MIDI Outputs
• 8 configurable CV/Gate outputs for the analog control of modular gear, such as classic synths
• 2 USB-A 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
• Ableton Link and WiFi will be supported in future updates
IN THE BOX:
- MPC X
- Power Adapter
- USB Cable
- Software Download Card
- Quickstart Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
(16) velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads, RGB-backlit
(8) banks accessible via Pad Bank buttons
(16) 360 touch-sensitive Q-Link knobs for parameter adjustment
(1) 360 encoder for display navigation and selection via push
(7) 270 knobs for gain, mix & level adjustment
(63) dedicated-function buttons
10.1 / 257 mm (diagonal)
8.5 x 5.5 / 216 x 139 mm (width x height)
Full-colour LED-backlit display with touch interface
RAM 2 GB
Storage 16 GB (user storage, 10 GB pre-installed content), 4 GB (MPC operating system)
(2) XLR+1/4 (6.35 mm) TRS inputs (Input 1/2)
(2) 1/4 (6.35 mm) TRS inputs (Input 3/4: 1 stereo pair)
(2) 1/4 (6.35 mm) TS instrument inputs (Inst 1/2)
(2) RCA inputs (Input 3/4: 1 stereo pair, phono- or line-level)
(2) 1/4 (6.35 mm) TS footswitch inputs (FS 1/2)
(2) 5-pin MIDI inputs
(8) 1/4 (6.35 mm) TRS outputs (Main L/R, Outputs 3/47/8: 4 stereo pairs)
(4) 5-pin MIDI outputs
(8) 1/8 (3.5 mm) CV/Gate outputs
(1) 1/4 (6.35 mm) stereo headphone output
(1) 1/8 (3.5 mm) stereo headphone output
(2) USB Type-A ports (1) USB Type-B port
(1) SD card slot
(1) power adapter input Power via power adapter (19 V, 3.42 A, center-positive, included)
Dimensions (width x depth x height): 19.9 x 16.7 x 3.4 / 50.5 x 42.4 x 8.7 cm (display flat) / 19.9 x 15.3 x 8.4 / 50.5 x 38.8 x 21.4 cm (display upright)
Weight: 12.57 lbs. / 5.66 kg
Music City Canada is an authorized reseller for Akai products. Purchases are backed with full manufacturer warranty in Canada. All orders ship from our Canadian warehouse.