Overview of Empress Effects Zoia - Modular Synthesizer Pedal
The ZOIA is basically a modular synthesizer in pedal form. Instead of being a delay effect or tremolo, the ZOIA provides the modules necessary to build a delay or tremolo from the ground up. But since you're the one building it, you can make it do whatever you want. With the ZOIA you can build your own custom effects, synthesizers, midi controllers, and virtual pedal boards. And to make life a little easier, Empress Effects has created modules for all your standard guitar effects. So for instance, if you want a phaser, you can just plop down a phaser.
• 80+ Modules and Growing - ZOIA comes packed with a vast collection of modules to create just about anything you can dream up. With ZOIA the only limit is your imagination!
• Create your own effects, synths, control devices, and more! - Oscillators, LFOs, filters, bit crushers, envelope followers - these are just a handful of the included modules that can be connected in almost any way imaginable. If you can dream it up, you can create it!
• 20+ Ready-Made Effects Modules - Pre-built effects modules such as reverbs, delays, chorus', flangers, overdrives and more.
• Up to 64 Patches - Create and save up to 64 patches that can be easily recalled during live performance.
• Swap and Share Patches - Join the community of ZOIA users on patchstorage.com to try out other users patches, or upload your own awesome creations to share with the world.
• SD Card Included - Load and save patches to/from ZOIA. Download the newest firmware from empresseffects.com and load onto the ZOIA with the included SD card.
• OLED Display Screen for Easy Editing - View all of ZOIA's module and parameter information on the high resolution OLED display screen.
• Control Port and MIDI Connectivity - Dedicated control port and MIDI 1/8" in/out jacks allow you to connect a huge range of external devices to control any or all of ZOIA's functions and parameters. 1/8" to MIDI dongles included.
• Customizable Patch Recall System - The on-board stompswitches can be used in either scrolling - or bank-style preset modes, for quick on-the-fly patch recall that suits your workflow.
• Built-In Help - Almost like having a built in manual, the dedicated help function will give you quick information at a glance about ZOIA's various modules and options.
• High-Quality Audio - 48kHz sampling, with 24 bit conversion and 32 bit internal processing.
• Low-Noise Signal Path - Features extremely low noise operation with a signal to noise of > 105dB
Input Impedance: > = 1MΩ
Output Impedance: 100Ω
Frequency Response (-3dB): 10Hz 23.4kHz
Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.22%
Dynamic Range: 105.5 dBA
Input Headroom (no pad): +0.5 dBu
Input Headroom (6dB pad): +5.7 dBu
Input Headroom (12dB pad): +10.8 dBu
Output Headroom: +16.2dBu
Power Input Connector: 2.1mm Barrel Connector
Power Input Voltage: 9V DC (center negative)
Required Current: 300mA
Height (enclosure only): 1.75"
Height (including controls): 2.625"
Music City Canada is an authorized reseller for Empress Effects products. Purchases are backed with full manufacturer warranty in Canada. All orders ship from our Canadian warehouse.