Scroll for more images and video!
Overview of EVH Wolfgang Special QM Baked Maple Fingerboard Electric Guitar - Chlorine Burst
Road-tested in arenas around the world, the Wolfgang® Special is a purebred music-making machine, designed with stunning style, giant sound and high-speed playability.
The Wolfgang Special QM features a basswood body with an arched quilt maple top and a robust graphite-reinforced bolt-on quartersawn baked maple neck. The neck is carved and rolled to Eddie Van Halen’s exacting specifications and features a hand-rubbed satin urethane finish on the back. Primed for high performance, energetic riffing and blazing leads, the 12”-16” compound radius baked maple fingerboard has 22 jumbo frets and black dot inlays. Truss rod adjustments have also never been easier thanks to a spoke wheel conveniently located at the base of the neck.
A pair of flagship custom-designed EVH® Wolfgang Alnico 2 humbucking pickups are mounted directly to the body, providing dynamic yet articulate voicing, as well as endless sustain for powerful chords and melody lines. A sturdy and dependable EVH-branded Floyd Rose® locking trem and Floyd Rose locking nut work in tandem for precise tuning even with extreme changes in pitch, while the EVH D-Tuna® retunes to drop-D and back with strict accuracy at the flick of a finger. The volume knob with treble bleed circuit has a 500K EVH Bourns® low friction pot for smooth swells and a tone control knob with a 250K Bourns high friction tone pot that prevents accidental tone shifting.
Spotlight-ready, the Wolfgang Special QM is available in Charcoal Burst or Chlorine Burst with cream body binding and chrome hardware.
AVAILABLE FEBRUARY 2021.
COLOR Charcoal Burst
SERIES Wolfgang® Special
STREET PRICE $1,099.99
FIND A DEALER
BASSWOOD BODY WITH QUILT MAPLE TOP
A basswood body provides excellent tonal response that is full and rich, along with overall warmth and sustain. The body is capped with a beautifully figured quit maple top for an elegant touch.
BAKED MAPLE NECK AND FINGERBOARD
The baked maple neck and baked maple fingerboard offer increased stability, crystal clear, bright tones and exquisite style with its warmer hue and beautiful grain definition. Roasting the neck and fingerboard removes moisture from the wood, making it more resistant to humidity shifts and warping.
DIRECT MOUNT EVH WOLFGANG HUMBUCKING PICKUPS
Not all humbuckers are created equal. Direct mount EVH Wolfgang humbuckers with Alnico 2 magnets are hotter and harness Eddie’s scorching signature lead tone that captivated the world of rock ‘n’ roll in the ‘70s and ‘80s. These pickups deliver rich harmonics, cutting highs and snarling mids in spades.
VERSATILE SWITCHING & CONTROLS
All Wolfgang Special models come complete with a versatile control layout. Explore the tonal landscape with the three-way toggle switch, which in position one engages the bridge pickup for robust rhythm riffing. Position two engages both pickups, while position three’s neck pickup provides a warmer tone for leads. The volume knobs houses a 500K EVH Bourns® low friction pot with treble bleed circuit for seamless swells, while the tone control with 250K EVH Bourns high friction pot keeps the knobs acutely dialed in.
EVH-BRANDED FLOYD ROSE LOCKING TREM, R2 LOCKING NUT AND EVH D-TUNA
Eddie Van Halen was the first player to popularize the innovative Floyd Rose locking tremolo, even advising Floyd Rose on his early designs to integrate round disc finger-type tuners that you would see on a cello or violin. Now universally embraced, our EVH-branded Floyd Rose bridge features our EVH logo stamped on the bridge plate, steel saddles and a solid brass block. The Floyd Rose bridge and R2 (41.8 mm) locking nut is a professional-grade double-locking design that secures the strings in the saddle and nut, providing ultimate tuning stability and dynamic tremolo action. Standard equipment on Eddie’s personal guitars since the early ‘90s, the EVH D-Tuna is a unique patented device that enables players to drop the E to D and back, in an instant.
• Model Number 5107701599
• Est. U.S. Street $1,099.99
• Series Wolfgang® Special
• Color Charcoal Burst
• Number of Strings 6
• Orientation Right-Hand
• Body Finish Gloss Urethane
• Body Shape Wolfgang®
• Body Material Basswood
• Body Binding 1-Ply Cream
• Body Top Quilt Maple
• Bridge Pickup Direct Mount EVH® Wolfgang® Humbucking
• Neck Pickup Direct Mount EVH® Wolfgang® Humbucking
• Pickup Color Black
• Controls Volume (500K EVH® Bourns® Low Friction Pot) with Treble Bleed Circuit, Tone (250K EVH® Bourns® High Friction Pot)
• Pickup Switching3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
• Pickup Configuration HH
• Neck Material Quartersawn Baked Maple
• Neck Construction Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement
• Neck Thickness .805" at 3rd & .890" at 12th Fret
• Neck Finish Hand-Rubbed Satin Urethane
• Neck Shape Wolfgang® Backshape
• Scale Length 25.5" (648 mm)
• Fingerboard Radius 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
• Fingerboard Material Baked Maple
• Number of Frets 22
• Fret Size Jumbo
• Nut Material Floyd Rose® R2 Locking
• Nut Width 1.625" (41.3 mm)
• Position Inlays Black Dot
• Side Dots Black
• Truss Rod Nut Heel-Mount Truss Rod Adjustment Wheel
• Truss Rod Wrench 2.5 mm Hex
• String Trees Floyd Rose® Retainer Bar
• Headstock EVH® Wolfgang®
• Bridge EVH®-Branded Floyd Rose® Locking Tremolo with EVH® D-Tuna®
• Hardware Finish Chrome
• Tremolo Arm Floyd Rose® 1000 Series
• Tremolo Block Brass
• Tuning Machines EVH®-Branded Gotoh®
• Control Knobs Black Knurled with White Indicator
• Switch Tip Black
• Strings EVH® Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
• Strap Buttons Oversized
• Case/Gig Bag Optional EVH® Wolfgang® Hardshell (p/n 009-0916-000); Optional EVH® Black Gig Bag (p/n 022-1512-006)
• Included Accessories Tremolo Arm, Hex Keys & User Manual
Music City Canada is an authorized reseller for EVH products. Purchases are backed with full manufacturer warranty in Canada. All orders ship from our Canadian warehouse.