Scroll for more images and video!
Overview of EVH Wolfgang Standard QM Baked Maple Fingerboard Electric Guitar - Transparent Green
The Wolfgang® WG Standard QM boasts the same style and massive sound Eddie Van Halen created — at a price the everyday musician can afford.
Offering many of the blazing features as its more expensive brethren, this axe features a basswood body with special “comfort cut” forearm contour for maximum playing ease, along with attractive masked-off natural body binding and an elegant quilt maple top. Its bolt-on baked maple neck with graphite-reinforcement rods holds strong against the ravages of temperature and humidity, while a conveniently located spoke wheel at the base of the neck makes for quick and painless truss rod adjustments. Designed for comfortable playability and speed, the Wolfgang WG Standard also features a smooth oiled finish on the back of the neck and a 12”-16” compound radius baked maple fingerboard with rolled edges, 22 jumbo frets and black dot inlays.
Dual EVH® Wolfgang humbucking pickups mounted directly to the body increase vibration transfer, resulting in sustain for days on end. Two black knurled control knobs have been dialed-in to Van Halen’s exacting specifications—the smooth-feeling 500k pots make it easy to find a unique sound while retaining the crisp high-end sparkle of the Wolfgang pickups. The EVH-branded Floyd Rose® Special bridge and R2 locking nut consistently keep the instrument in tune through the deepest whammy dives and horse whinnies.
Tested live onstage where it counts, the Wolfgang WG Standard QM is decked out for playing performance and comfort, and available in an array of stage-stealing new finishes featuring black headstocks and black chrome hardware.
COLOR Transparent Green
SERIES Wolfgang® Standard
STREET PRICE $699.99
FIND A DEALER
BASSWOOD WOLFGANG BODY WITH SPECIAL "COMFORT CUT" FOREARM CONTOUR AND QUILT MAPLE TOP
Featuring an offset shape with larger upper horn, the Wolfgang’s basswood provides excellent tonal response that is full and rich with distinguished warmth and sustain, while the quilt maple top adds snap and clarity to the guitar’s attack, plus a stylish wavy appearance. The special “comfort cut” forearm contour was engineered for max playing pleasure without hindering tone.
BOLT-ON BAKED MAPLE NECK WITH EDDIE VAN HALEN'S UNIQUE WOLFGANG BACKSHAPE
Bolt-on is a type of neck construction that joins the maple neck to the body of the guitar with screws or bolts, resulting in bright tone with more control. Baking the wood also increases durability and combined with graphite-reinforcement rods that flank the truss rod, creates an incredibly stable surface that can hold up to environmental changes. Graphite-reinforcement rods flank the truss rod for even more increased neck stability, while your fretting hand will feel right at home on this unique Wolfgang neck, which has a .790” thickness at the 3rd fret and .880” at the 12th fret.
DIRECT MOUNT EVH WOLFGANG HUMBUCKING PICKUPS
Not all humbuckers are created equal. Direct mount EVH Wolfgang humbuckers with Alnico 2 magnets are hotter and harness Eddie’s scorching signature lead tone that captivated the world of rock ‘n’ roll in the ‘70s and ‘80s. These pickups deliver rich harmonics, cutting highs and snarling mids in spades.
TAPED-OFF FAUX NATURAL BODY BINDING
Our Wolfgang Standard QM models all have taped-off faux natural body binding for a distinct and distinguished style.
EVH-BRANDED FLOYD ROSE SPECIAL LOCKING TREM & R2 LOCKING NUT
Eddie Van Halen was the first player to popularize the innovative Floyd Rose locking tremolo, even advising Floyd Rose on his early designs to integrate round disc finger-type tuners that you would see on a cello or violin. Now universally embraced, our EVH-branded Floyd Rose Special double-locking tremolo features our EVH logo stamped on the bridge plate, zinc alloy saddles and a zinc alloy sustain block. The double-locking design allows you to lock your guitar in tune at the R2 (41.8 mm) nut and at the bridge, resulting in excellent tuning stability and sustain throughout your most aggressive pull-ups and dive bombs.
• Model Number 5107003587
• Est. U.S. Street $699.99
• Series Wolfgang® Standard
• Color Transparent Green
• Number of Strings 6
• Orientation Right-Hand
• Body Finish Gloss Urethane
• Body Shape Wolfgang®
• Body Material Basswood
• Body Binding Masked Off Natural Body Binding
• Body Top Quilt Maple
• Bridge Pickup Direct Mount EVH® Wolfgang® Humbucking
• Neck Pickup Direct Mount EVH® Wolfgang® Humbucking
• Pickup Color Black
• Controls Volume with Treble Bleed Circuit, Tone
• Pickup Switching 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
• Pickup Configuration HH
• Neck Material Baked Maple
• Neck Construction Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement
• Neck Thickness .790" at 3rd fret & .880" at 12th fret
• Neck Finish Oiled
• Neck Shape Wolfgang® Backshape
• Scale Length 25.5" (648 mm)
• Fingerboard Radius 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
• Fingerboard Material Baked Maple
• Number of Frets 22
• Fret Size Jumbo
• Nut Material Floyd Rose® R2 Locking
• Nut Width 1.625" (41.3 mm)
• Position Inlays Black Dot
• Side Dots Black
• Truss Rod Nut Heel-Mount Truss Rod Adjustment Wheel
• Truss Rod Wrench 2.5 mm Hex
• String Trees Floyd Rose® Retainer Bar
• Headstock EVH® Wolfgang®
• Bridge EVH®-Branded Floyd Rose® Special Locking Tremolo
• Hardware Finish Black Chrome
• Tremolo Arm Floyd Rose® Special
• Tuning Machines EVH®-Branded
• Control Knobs Black Knurled with White Indicator
• Switch Tip Black
• Strings Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
• Strap Buttons Oversized
• Case/Gig Bag Optional EVH® Wolfgang® Hardshell (p/n 009-0916-000); Optional EVH® Black Gig Bag (p/n 022-1512-006)
• Included Accessories Tremolo Arm, Hex Keys & User Manual
Music City Canada is an authorized reseller for EVH products. Purchases are backed with full manufacturer warranty in Canada. All orders ship from our Canadian warehouse.