Overview of Focal Shape Twin - Studio Monitor (Each)
This standard bearer of the Shape series features two passive radiators, woofers equipped with a new Flax cone, and the latest "M"-shaped Aluminum/Magnesium inverted dome tweeter. Perfect weapon of mass production for professionals.
Shape Twin is made in France, just like Shape 40, 50 and 65. Designed to meet the needs of nearfield monitoring, these monitors combine an ingenuous design and numerous settings optimised for the acoustics of small listening rooms. Shape Twin stands out through its excellent rendering over the whole audio spectrum, its broad frequency response in the low end, and its high SPL considering its size. The compact design makes it easy to integrate even into the most cramped of rooms. Finally, its 2.5-way design gives it a real advantage when it comes to controlling the bass and lower mid-range registers which are the hardest to control in small rooms.
Shape Twin's five innovations present a remarkable tonal balance, with very wide and precise stereo imaging. The low frequencies are well defined as well as controlled. The low-mid and mid ranges provide a true neutral sound.
• Tweeter with very low directivity for a flexible sweet spot
• Designed without a port (double passive radiator) allowing it to be placed near a wall
• 2.5 channels to provide optimal control of bass and low mid-range registers
• Numerous settings for optimal integration
• Accurate control, even in the very high frequencies
• Flax sandwich cone: controlled and articulated bass, natural and detailed lower mid-range and upper
• Fastening mechanisms for mounting to the ceiling or a wall (fastening accessories not supplied)
• Frequency response (+/- 3dB): 40Hz - 35kHz
• Maximum SPL (of musical signals): 110.5dB SPL (peak at @ 1m)
• Inputs / Impedance: Type - XLR balanced 10 kOhms, RCA connectors: unbalanced 10 kOhms with sensitivity
• Mid-range and low frequency amplifier: 2 x 80W, class AB
• High frequency amplifier: 50W, class AB
• Power supply voltage: 220-240V (fuse T2AL / 250V) or
100-120V (fuse T3.15AL / 250V)
• Connexion: IEC connector and detachable power cable
• Displays and controls: LED for power on/off and standby
• Transducers: Woofers 2 x 5" (13cm) Flax Cone woofers, Tweeter: 1" (25mm) 'M'-shaped Aluminum/Magnesium
• Construction: 0.6" (15mm) MDF
• Finish: Vinyl, real walnut and black paint
• Dimensions including 4 rubber feet (HxLxD): 18.8 x 8.3 x 11" (478 x 211 x 279mm)
• Weight: 24lbs (11kg)
Music City Canada is an authorized reseller for Focal products. Purchases are backed with full manufacturer warranty in Canada. All orders ship from our Canadian warehouse.