Scroll for more images and video!
Overview of Lewitt LCT 840 Reference Class Studio Tube Microphone
Your tube mic that sounds even better than it looks. If you are looking for larger-than-life tube sound, look no further. The LCT 840 stands for exceptionally warm and classic tube sound. The dual triode 12AX7 tube delivers comforting sound with smooth high frequencies, while still preserving the ability to cut through the mix. Low self-noise and high dynamic range exemplify how the LCT 840 is classic design brought into the present.
The externally polarized dual-diaphragm 1″ capsule captures every nuance of your performance thanks to its 3-micron-thin, gold-layered, low-mass diaphragms. It handles everything from vocals to full orchestras. Warmth and precision in all situations.
The LCT 840 is fully devoted to warm tube sound. We use a dual triode 12AX7 tube to create that warm and comforting sound with smooth high frequencies while still preserving the ability to cut through the mix. The user interface on the remote control with integrated power supply allows a quick setup of polar pattern, pre-attenuation, and low-cut. It is easy to check or change the settings on the remote power supply unit, even in complete darkness due to its illuminated user interface.
A polar pattern affects how much room sound you end up recording. But switching your polar pattern not only changes the directivity, it also alters the frequency response, resulting in a different sound. You can also control the proximity effect, and have it pronounced or reduced according to your application.
- 1" multi-pattern tube microphone
- Full-bodied tube sound with smooth high-end
- Classic tube sound with modern technology
- 12AX7 tube
- Remote control and power supply in one
- Multi-pattern design
- Type: Condenser, externally polarized
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Transducer Ø: 25.4 mm, 1 in
- Polar pattern: Omni, wide cardioid, cardioid, supercardioid, figure-8
- Frequency range: 20 ... 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 23 mV/Pa, -33 dBV/Pa (cardioid) / 20 mV/Pa, -34 dBV/Pa (omni) / 23 mV/Pa, -33 dBV/Pa (figure-8)
- Equivalent noise level: 9 dB (A)
- Max. SPL for 0.5 % THD: 139 dBSPL, 0 dB pre-attenuation
- Signal / noise ratio: 85 dB (A)
- Dynamic range: 130 dB (A)
- Pre-attenuation pad: 0 dB / -10 dB / -20 dB
- Low-cut filter: linear / 40 Hz (12 dB/oct) / 300 Hz (6 dB/oct)
- Internal impedance: 200 Ω
- Rated load impedance: 1,000 Ω
- PSU - supply voltage: 230 V, 50 Hz / 110 V, 60 Hz
- Current consumption: 170 mA
- Connector: Gold plated 11-pin XLR
- Microphone dimensions: 192 x 60 x 46 mm, 7.5 x 2.4 x 1.8 in
- Microphone net weight; 662 g, 23.3 oz
- PSU dimensions: 250 x 150 x 70 mm, 9.8 x 5.9 x 2.8 in
- PSU net weight: 1,894 g, 66.8 oz
Music City Canada is an authorized reseller for Lewitt products. Purchases are backed with full manufacturer warranty in Canada. All orders ship from our Canadian warehouse.