Scroll for more images and video!
Overview of Lewitt LCT 940 Large-Diaphragm FET Condenser and Tube Microphone
Your studio FET and tube mic in the same housing. The Lewitt LCT 940 unifies the specific characteristics of a premium large diaphragm FET condenser microphone and a top-notch tube microphone. With "Tube" you get warmth and musical harmonics, while "FET" gives you clear and nuanced sound. Blend tube and FET circuit at any ratio and find your ideal mix. The LCT 940 features a total of nine different polar patterns. The LCT 940 combines a premium large-diaphragm FET condenser microphone and a top-notch tube microphone in a single housing.
Set polar pattern, pre-attenuation, and low-cut. There is a user interface on the remote control for a quick and accurate setup of pattern, pre-attenuation, and low-cut. Easily check or change the settings, even in complete darkness due to its illuminated user interface. The power supply unit is integrated.
What's the AMPLIFICATION knob? By using the AMPLIFICATION knob, you can mix the two distinct microphone circuits, FET and tube circuit at any ratio to find your sweet spot. This way you can dial in the ideal combination of warmth, punch, and clarity. Works brilliantly to adapt the LCT 940 to different voices.
A polar pattern affects how much room sound you end up recording. But switching your polar pattern not only changes the directivity, it also alters the frequency response, resulting in a different sound. You can also control the proximity effect, and have it pronounced or reduced according to your application.
- Tube and FET microphone in one housing
- Blend tube and FET circuit at any ratio
- Studio centrepiece
- 12AX7 tube
- Remote control and power supply in one
- Multi-pattern design
- Shock Mount
- LCT 40 Wxx
- 11-Pin Audio Cable
- Type: Condenser, externally polarized
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Transducer Ø: 25.4 mm, 1 in
- Polar pattern: Omni, wide cardioid, cardioid, supercardioid, figure-8, four intermediate patterns
- Frequency range: 20 ... 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 23 mV/Pa, -33 dBV/Pa (cardioid) / 20 mV/Pa, -34 dBV/Pa (omni) / 23 mV/Pa, -33 dBV/Pa (figure-8)
- Equivalent noise level (FET): 8 dB (A), cardioid / 9 dB (A), omni / 8 dB (A), figure-8
- Equivalent noise level (Tube): 12 dB (A), cardioid / 13 dB (A), omni / 12 dB (A), figure-8
- Max. SPL for 0.5 % THD (FET): 143 dBSPL, 0 dB pre-attenuation
- Max. SPL for 0.5% THD (Tube): 140 dBSPL, 0 dB pre-attenuation
- Signal / noise ratio (FET): 86 dB (A)
- Signal / noise ratio (Tube): 82 dB (A)
- Dynamic range of FET mic. Amp.: 135 dB
- Dynamic range of Tube mic. Amp.: 128 dB
- Pre-attenuation pad: 0 dB / -6 dB / -12 dB / -18 dB
- Low-cut filter: linear / 40 Hz (12 dB/oct) / 150 Hz (6 dB/oct) / 300 Hz (6 dB/oct)
- Internal impedance: 200 Ω
- Rated load impedance: 1,000 Ω
- PSU - supply voltage: 230 V, 50 Hz / 110 V, 60 Hz
- Current consumption: 170 mA
- Connector: Gold plated 11-pin XLR
- Microphone dimensions: 192 x 60 x 46 mm, 7.5 x 2.4 x 1.8 in
- PSU dimensions: 250 x 150 x 70 mm, 9.8 x 5.9 x 2.8 in
- Microphone net weight: 662 g, 23.3 oz
- PSU net weight: 1,930 g, 68.1 oz
Music City Canada is an authorized reseller for Lewitt products. Purchases are backed with full manufacturer warranty in Canada. All orders ship from our Canadian warehouse.