Scroll for more images and video!
Overview of Pioneer PLX-1000 Professional High-Torque Direct Drive Turntable
The PLX-1000 is precision engineered for the booth, drawing on 50 years’ experience of making high-end turntables. The result is a familiar layout with some next generation improvements, including a high-torque direct drive system, multi-pitch control, club-grade build and sound quality, and detachable power and audio cables. It’s solidly built for excellent vibration damping and ultra-precise, high-grade audio playback. Simply add your choice of cartridge and stylus to the PLX-1000 (not included) and combine with your mixer for an ideal setup for turntablists. An ideal match for DJs is the handmade PC-X10 (sold separately).
The PLX-1000’s heavy-mass, die-cast zinc chassis prevents resonance and vibrations. The lower part of the unit is reinforced with 8mm-thick resin, plus 9mm-thick, vibration-damping material at the base. Plus the rubber-insulated tone arm reduces howling effects, while rubber and springs on the dampening parts of the insulator absorb external vibrations.
The high-torque direct drive ensures stable rotation and exceptional control – and it reaches 33⅓ rpm in just 0.3 seconds thanks to a starting torque of 4.5kg/cm (or more). Multi-tempo control lets you instantly pick up or slow down the track to ±8%, ±16% and ±50%, while a simple reset button instantly reverts to ±0%. Interchangeable power and audio cables can be easily connected and replaced, and pro-grade gold-plated RCA jacks ensure low impedance and an amazing sound quality.
- Drive Method: Quartz lock, servo-type, direct drive
- Platter: Aluminium, die-casting diameter: 332 mm
- Motor: 3-phase, brushless DC motor
- Braking System: Electronic brake
- Rotation Speed: 33⅓-45 rpm
- Rotation Adjustment Range: ±8, ±16, ±50 %
- Wow and Flutter: < 0.01 % (Measured by obtaining signal from built-in frequency generator of motor assembly.)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 70 dB
- Starting Torque: > 4.5 kgf·cm
- Start Time: Within 0.3 sec (at 33⅓ rpm)
- Universal type S-shape tone arm
- Gimbal-supported type bearing structure
- Static balance type arm
- Overhang: 0.59 in
- Effective Length: 9.06 in
- Tracking Error: Within 3°
- Height Adjustment Range: 0.24 in
- Stylus Pressure Variable Range: 0-4 g (1 scale 0.1 g)
- Cartridge Weight Single: 2.5-12 g (includes mounting materials)
- Outputs: 1 ANALOGUE (RCA)
- Width: 17.83 in
- Height: 6.26 in
- Depth: 13.9 in
- Weight: 32.19 lb
What’s In The Box?
- Power cord
- Audio cable
- Ground wire
- Adapter for EP record
- Turntable sheet
- Slip mat and sheet
- Dust cover
- Head shell
- Balance, sub and shell weights
- Operating instructions
Music City Canada is an authorized reseller for Pioneer products. Purchases are backed with full manufacturer warranty in Canada. All orders ship from our Canadian warehouse.