Scroll for more images and video!
Overview of Rode Microphones NT4 - X/Y Stereo Condenser Microphone
The RØDE NT4 stereo microphone offers a perfect X/Y stereo array without the need for matched pair microphones, complex stereo bars and equipment. Simply place the microphone and capture a realistic stereo field using a single microphone.
Combining an acoustically matched pair of 1/2” cardioid condenser capsules fixed in a perfect 90 degree near-coincident alignment, the NT4 instantly creates a faithful stereo array that is ideal for drum overheads, percussion, choir vocals, environmental recording and sound design in a studio or in the field.
The NT4's versatility is further extended by its ability to be powered by a 9V battery, in addition to 48V phantom power. Both stereo XLR and 3.5mm minijack cables are supplied to ensure the NT4 is ready to record to mixing console, portable recorder or camera.
The RØDE NT4 microphone is designed and made in Australia, and covered by RØDE's industry leading 10 year warranty.
- Stereo X/Y condenser microphone
- Dual externally biased 1/2” capsules with gold sputtered diaphragm
- Capsules closely matched with full frequency response
- Dual power operation
- Custom stereo cables included - 5 pin stereo XLR, Minijack (Via included cable) and dual 3-pin XLR (via included cable)
- Custom twin head windshield (WS4) included
- Includes custom twin head windshield WS4, RC4 case and 5-pin Minijack and XLR stereo cables
- Surface mount circuitry
- 10 year extended warranty when you register your microphone
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
- Capsule: 0.50"
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Paired Cardioid
- Address Type: End
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 200Ω
- Maximum SPL: 143dBSPL
- Maximum Output Level: 13.9mV (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)
- Sensitivity: -38.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (12.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 16dBA
- Power Options: 9V, P48
- Weight: 480.00g
- Dimensions: 231.00mmH x 61.00mmW x 33.00mmD
- Output: 3.5, XLR
- Warranty: 1 year with free extension to 10 years following registration
Music City Canada is an authorized reseller for Rode Microphones products. Purchases are backed with full manufacturer warranty in Canada. All orders ship from our Canadian warehouse.