Overview of Rode Microphones PinMic Discreet Pin-through Lapel Microphone
The RØDE PinMic™ is a discreet lavalier/lapel microphone with an innovative pin-through design that is not only easier to conceal than a traditional lapel microphone, but provides greater mounting versatility.
Comprised of a cabled backplate and a removable omni-directional capsule head, the PinMic™ is easily mounted onto any clothing or fabric by simply pushing the backplate pins through the back of the fabric and sliding the capsule into place on the front. The microphone backplate and cable are hidden behind the fabric, and the capsule head can be easily disguised, covered or decorated to further conceal the microphone.
The PinMic™ capsule is discrete at only 9mm deep and 11mm in diameter, and is supplied with both a black and an unpainted silver mesh head that can be further camouflaged by painting.
The microphone easily mounts through any fabric up to 1.5mm (0.006") thick without any damage to clothing. A longer pin version (PinMic-Long) is available for mounting on thicker fabrics (up to 3.5mm/0.14" thick).
The microphone capsule is connected via a 1.2m (4') shielded, detachable Kevlar® reinforced cable that has been rigorously strain tested to ensure reliable performance.
The included mini-furry for high wind protection ensures quality recordings in adverse environments, while the anti-trauma water resistant case provides rugged and secure protection for the microphone, a spare capsule head, the microphone cable and included accessories.
The PinMic™ is an ideal solution for film, television, video, theatre, house of worship and anywhere where a high quality microphone needs to be heard but not seen.
Knowing that versatility is paramount in any product, RØDE has developed the MiCon™ connector system which provides seamless integration between the PinMic™ and a wide range of wireless systems as well as consoles, cameras and portable recorders.
The RØDE PinMic™ lapel microphone is designed and made in Australia and is covered by RØDE Microphones' innovative 5 year 'no questions asked' warranty which provides 12 months of complete cover, and an optional US$99 replacement microphone during the extended warranty period.
- Intuitive And Subtle
- Omni-directional polar pattern
- Removable Mesh Head
- Ultra Discreet Appearance
- Lightweight And Easy To Position
- High Quality Performance
- Low Noise Miniature Microphone Capsule
- Low Handling Noise
- Universal Compatibility
- RØDE Micon interconnectivity system provides seamless integration with a wide range of wireless systems
- Includes mini-furry, anti-trauma case, spare capsule and PinMic tool kit
- Five year extended warranty when you register your microphone
- Acoustic Principle: Permanently Polarized
- Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter
- Capsule: 0.10"
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Address Type: End
- Frequency Range: 60Hz - 18kHz
- Output Impedance: 3000Ω
- Maximum SPL: 110dBSPL
- Maximum Output Level: 189.0mV (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)
- Sensitivity: -33.5dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (21.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise (A-weighted): 25dBA
- Power Requirements: Plug-in power
- Output Connection: Micon
- Warranty: 1 year with free extension to 5 years following registration
Music City Canada is an authorized reseller for Rode Microphones products. Purchases are backed with full manufacturer warranty in Canada. All orders ship from our Canadian warehouse.