Scroll for more images and video!
Overview of Shure KSM141 Dual Pattern Instrument Microphone for Studio Recording Matched Pair
The KSM141/SL ST PAIR from Shure is a stereo pair of switchable-polar-pattern condenser studio microphones designed for instrument recording and sound reinforcement. The capsule's pattern is switchable between omnidirectional and cardioid pick up. Omnidirectional offers a more generous pickup area while cardioid offers attenuation of noise and ambiance at the off-axis sections of the microphone. In addition, the microphone offers a wide 20 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response making it a flexible solution for a variety of applications. The KSM141/SL's element features a permanently biased transducer design resulting in clean, accurate signal reproduction and frequency response. The transformerless Class-A output circuitry provides a noise-free-output signal path while maintaining high gain levels. There is a 3-position low-frequency roll-off switch, eliminating low-frequency rumble noise and counteracting proximity effect. The KSM141/SL handles high sound-pressure levels and features a 3-position pad switch providing attenuation at 0, 15, 25 dB. This allows for confident miking of instruments high in transient response such as drums, percussion, and brass. The microphone is also suitable for recording piano, strings, guitar, and woodwinds. The KSM141/SL ships with a case, two microphone clips, two foam wind screens, and the A27M stereo stand adapter.
- A mechanical polar pattern switch for highly consistent cardioid and true omnidirectional polar patterns. Provides flexibility in a wide variety of recording applications
- Ultra-thin, 2.5 micron, 24 karat gold-layered, low mass Mylar® diaphragm for superior transient response
- Class A, discrete, transformerless preamplifier for transparency, extremely fast transient response, no crossover distortion, and minimal harmonic and intermodulation distortion
- Premium electronic components, including gold-plated internal and external connectors
- Subsonic filter eliminates low frequency rumble (less than 17 Hz) caused by mechanical vibration
- Three-position switchable pad (0 dB, 15 dB, and 25 dB) for handling extremely high sound pressure levels (SPLs)
- Three-position switchable low-frequency filter to reduce background noise and counteract proximity effect
- Extended frequency response
- Low self-noise
- Exceptional reproduction of low-frequency sounds
- Can withstand high sound pressure levels (SPL)
- High output level
- No crossover distortion
- Uniform polar response
- Superior common mode rejection and suppression of radio frequency interference
Music City Canada is an authorized reseller for Shure products. Purchases are backed with full manufacturer warranty in Canada. All orders ship from our Canadian warehouse.