Overview of Warm Audio WA-84 Nickel Stereo Pair Condenser Microphones
The WA-84 is a small diaphragm condenser microphone based on classic microphone circuitry. The WA-84 is a fully discrete Class A design that utilizes a CineMag USA transformer, polystyrene and Wima capacitors and a Fairchild FET. The WA-84 is designed for pro studio, home studio, live, and broadcast applications and sounds great on a variety of instruments and sources, such as; acoustic/electric guitars, acoustic/electric bass, drums, piano, strings, brass & woodwind instruments, and an array of other sources.
The WA-84 Premium Stereo package includes 2 microphones with Cardioid and Omni Capsules that have a very LARGE sound for their small size. Thes WA-84's uniquely use heavy Nickel CineMag transformers in their signal path to warm up and ENLARGE sound sources. Small diaphragm condenser microphones have widely moved to transformer-less technology in recent years for ease of design and a lower-cost manufacturing. When designing the WA-84 we chose to go the extra mile and tackle a more boutique design known for its crystal clear, yet smooth, LARGE sound.
- Utilizes cinemag usa transformers
- Directional patterns: cardioid & omni
- Fully discrete vintage-style signal path
- Vintage capsule reproductions
- Package includes: 2x wa-84 microphones, 2x cardioid capsules, 2x omni capsules, 2x shock-mounts, 2x mic clips, 2x windscreens and a carrying case
- 48v phantom powered
- Frequency range: 20hz - 20khz
- Sensitivity: -39db or 11mv/pa @ 1khz
- Output impedance: 200ω
- Rated load impedance: ≥1kω
- Pad: 0db or -10db
- Maximum spl: 123/133db @ 1khz, 0.5% thd, 0/-10db
- S/n ratio: 78dba (iec651)
- Equivalent noise: 16dba (iec651)
- Dynamic range: 107dba (iec651)
- Connector: 3-pin gold-plated xlr
- Weight: 122g each
Music City Canada is an authorized reseller for Warm Audio products. Purchases are backed with full manufacturer warranty in Canada. All orders ship from our Canadian warehouse.