Overview of Warm Audio WA12 MKII Discrete Mic Pre
If you are looking for a preamp to improve and shape your signal you will most definitely love the WA12 MKII. The WA12 MKII is designed to transform plain instruments and vocals into exciting tone. If your mixes lack depth, struggle to sound alive, or are just missing that professional touch you’ve always wanted, there is a good chance you will love the WA12 MKII.
The WA12 MKII is a completely discrete, high voltage, dual-transformer microphone preamplifier design with high gain (+71dB), high headroom, low noise, and an exciting sonic performance – great for all types of recording applications. A high quality mic preamp is one of the most critical pieces needed to achieve the elusive ‘larger than life’ sound, and the WA12 MKII is more than capable of delivering.
- Utilizes premium grade input and output usa cinemag transformers.
- Fully discrete design with a robust 71db of gain.
- Utilizes a discrete 6-pin socketed 1731 style opamp. Can be replaced with other 6-pin "2520 foot-print" opamps for varying tone/flavor.
- 20db pad.
- Tone button – switches the input impedance from 600 ohms to 150 ohms. Changes the tone of both the mic and hi-z inputs.
- Mic level balanced input: xlr.
- 2 meg ohm true hi-z input on front panel. Sends instrument signal through entire circuit including both cinemag transformers and discrete opamp. Great for guitars, bass, keyboards and other instruments that have a 1/4″ output jack.
- Balanced outputs: xlr and 1/4″/trs.
- 48 volt phantom power.
- Led meter gain indication.
- Output attenuation control (after the cinemag output transformer) allows for driving the preamp and transformers into saturation.
- Switchable 115/230 volt iec power inlet.
Music City Canada is an authorized reseller for Warm Audio products. Purchases are backed with full manufacturer warranty in Canada. All orders ship from our Canadian warehouse.